Botany Art Classes
Botany Art Classes
With professional local artist/teacher, Jacqueline Estes
Beginning June 11th - August 8th (No classes scheduled the week of July 4th)
8 weeks of Watercolor, Pen, and Ink in the garden of Ooltewah Nursery. [Pick and choose your date(s)]
- Ages 8-12 will meet 9:30-10:30 a.m. TUESDAYS
- Ages 13-18 will meet 9:00-11:00 a.m. WEDNESDAYS
- Adults will meet 9:00-11:00 a.m. THURSDAYS
These classes are for everyone from the beginner to the advanced artist. We will explore various techniques in watercolor and ink while enjoying the study of plants, shrubs, flowers, etc. through art at Ooltewah Nursery. You may choose to attend one class or all eight. Class sizes are limited to 15 registrants. Once payments are made, then your spot is reserved.
- • Classes for ages 8-12 is $20.00 per one-hour lesson per week.
- NOTE: Art lessons for ages 8-12 will last one hour and a parent or caregiver must be present for the entire session.
- • Classes for ages 13-18 and are $35.00 per two-hour session per week.
- • Classes for adults are also $35.00 per two-hour session per week.
You will be responsible for purchasing and bringing your own art supplies. (Supply list below) Artists become more accomplished the more they practice. Practicing at home between sessions is encouraged. Preregistration is required. Use the button to register now.
- Art box, canvas bag or backpack for supplies.
- Set of watercolors in tube form. In the following colors...
- White (Gouache)
- Plastic watercolor palette
- 2-3 washcloths or a roll of paper towels
- Assorted watercolor brushes flat and round
- One flat 1”- 2” soft bristle watercolor brush
- Watercolor tablet
- Artist clipboard
- Blue masking tape 1” (1 roll)
- Plastic jar or cup
- 2 black fine tip permanent markers
- Beach towel or camping chair for seating
- Small scissors
- Plastic Ziploc bag (1gallon size)
- Small sea sponge
- White crayon